Saturday, February 28, 2009

What a Sham

No, that's not a typo. In the early hours of the morning before I'm forced to get up, I tend to be the most creative. In our current house my nightstand doesn't fit next to the bed. I needed storage at arms length. Our bedding set came with a bunch of pillow cases, including a European sham (one of those big square ones). The sham was currently being stored in a trunk. So here was my innovative idea.

A bedside organizer.

I seam ripped the back "flaps" of the sham off. I used one of the "flaps" to create pockets. I just sewed the perimeter and then sewed lines up and down to create the pockets. Because the "flap" is larger than the area I was attaching it to, I created pleats (I just folded and sewed) in two spots. The second "flap" I used to line the back of the exposed half of the sham. And whala! I tucked the unfinished half of the sham under the mattress. It works like a charm and blends in perfectly with the bedskirt.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post.Thank you for giving this informative blog.It is interesting to view this blog.All the readers will get some useful information from here.The language used here is simple and good.All the readers can follow this blog without any difficulty. Basically I'm a writer I would like to share my website here Best Dissertation Writing Service and sometimes I wait for your post to get more this type of blogs. A good blog always comes-up with new and exciting information and while reading I have feel that this blog is really have all those quality that qualify a blog to be a good one.

    ReplyDelete